Getting Started with iAIM online
Briefly, here are the steps you should take to move through the iAIM online courses:
- First, make certain that your computer is set up properly to access iAIM online.
- If your computer software is relatively up-to-date, you should have no difficulty accessing iAIM online. Try it out first, and if you encounter any problems, see if there's an update for your web browser.
- Your must have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed to view course documents. This is a free program that you can download and install from the Adobe web site. After you install Adobe Reader, run the program itself to make sure it's working.
- With the userID and password you received, point your web browser to the iAIM online web site and login.
- A screen will appear that lists all the iAIM tracks for which you are registered. Click on the blue track title to access the courses related to that Certificate track.
- This is the course "homepage" where you'll find a brief introduction to the track along with any announcements that have been posted in the past week. To see past announcements, click on "Announcement" on the left side of the screen, then click on link "view all."
- At anytime, you can click on the topics in the navigation bar at the left side of the screen, under the image. You may find that the navigation bar is easier to use than clicking the "Back" button in your browser.
- Click on "Syllabus" in the navigation bar and you'll see a list of syllabus links. Please read the short instructions at the bottom of this page. If you click on any of the syllabus links, a new window should open presenting a summary of the content of that course (if not, please review the section on technical help). Each iAIM track is made up of many courses, and each course has a syllabus link.
- Click on "Course Materials" in the navigation bar. The first time you enter the "Course Materials" section, you will be prompted to "ACCEPT" a statement about the copyright protections for the course contents. Click on "ACCEPT" to proceed, or click on "logout" in the upper right corner to decline to participate in the courses.
- Inside the "Course Materials" section, you will see a list of folders. Each folder contains the materials for one course. The list of folders can be expanded or collapsed for easy viewing. Click on "Collapse all" to reduce the page to a list of folder titles only. You can click on the "+" sign adjacent to any folder in order to expand it and view the folder contents.
- The first item in each folder is the course monograph, or primary article about this sub-topic. You should read and understand it thoroughly. The other documents in the course folder supplement your study of the sub-topic. Some are required reading, some are review documents and some are optional.
- You can print any of the course documents if that suits your study methods. There are several options within the Adobe Reader to allow you to magnify the on-screen page view of all the documents as well.
- When you are thoroughly familiar with the content of a course, click on "Tests and Quizzes." There you will find a set of links to short quizzes that will help you gauge your comprehension of the course materials. You can take each quiz ONLY ONCE. When you are prepared, click on the quiz title to take it.
- You don't have to answer all quiz questions, but if you do not, you will not receive credit for the answer.
- Tests and Quizzes must be printed in landscape mode on your printer. For
example, using Internet Explorer, one would browse to the “Tests & Quizzes” page of interest, then instead
of clicking on the print icon (which will print the page in the default mode, likely to be “portrait”), you
would click on File then Print Preview. In the print preview window, click on the small icon just to the
right of the word “Print.” This is the page setup icon (equal to the keyboard sequence ALT + U). Under
“Orientation” select landscape, then click on “OK” then print.
- When you have completed answering the quiz questions, click on "Continue" at the bottom of the page. You should see a page that confirms your answers were submitted: "Your answers were submitted successfully."
- You may click on "View solutions now" to see your answers and the correct answers, with the rationale that explains the answers.
- At any time, you can click on "Grades" in the navigation bar to see your accumulated grade for all quizzes that you've taken. These grades do not count toward your completion of the iAIM Certificate; they are meant only as a guide for your progress through the online materials.
- Don't forget to click on "Logout" each time that you leave iAIM online.
- If you need help, click on "Click here for HELP" will open an e-mail form that you can use to send mail to the iAIM online Support Desk. You can also use your regular e-mail program to send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 24 hours to receive a reply.